Acting Head of Finance
Salary: Level 11, Notch 1 (R54,796.50 per month)
Fixed Term Contract: September 2017 to 30 April 2018
|POSITION||Acting Head of Finance|
|REPORTING TO||Chief Financial Officer|
|POSITION OBJECTIVE||To manage and coordinate the Finance Department’s activities to ensure that company objectives are achieved in terms of budgeting, transaction processing and monitoring, reporting requirements and compliance with policies and procedures|
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
|B. Compt / B. Comm Accounting degree or similar, with knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA); Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP); Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP) and Treasury Regulations.
4-6 years experience in a similar role
Advanced computer skills and knowledge of MS Office packages -MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, E-mail, Internet, and accounting software packages preferably Great Plains.
|KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
|• Strong analytical skills
• Good project management skills
• Good conflict and management skills
• Work well within team environment.
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Knowledge of medium term expenditure budget framework and processes (Government procedure for formulating budgets).
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
|• To provide meaningful assistance with the formulation of the overall Annual Strategic Plan, incorporating operational objectives as well as Corporate Governance, Financial, Human Resources, IT Services, Procurement Services and Facilities Plans, within the required budgetary framework
• To ensure that the company maintains full and proper records of its financial affairs in accordance with accepted accounting standards and practices, and that required financial reports are timeously formulated and submitted to the relevant stakeholders
• To ensure that the requirements of the Public Finance Management Act, other relevant legislation, and bench-marked Internal Control Systems, are adequately formulated, implemented, monitored, and reviewed so that the company achieves its key governance objectives / responsibilities which are fundamental to the Board discharging its responsibilities concerning risk management and internal control (Governance Matters).
• To efficiently and effectively allocate resources and ensure that the department is adequately staffed in order to meet the company objectives efficiently and effectively.
• To provide Financial and Administrative support to the other departments so that they are assisted in the achievement of their strategic and operational objectives.
• To ensure that subordinates are performance managed and developed according to development plans
• To ensure that the Chief Financial Officer is adequately supported.
Note: CV and certified ID and qualifications to be sent to HR on email@example.com
Closing date: 11 September 2017